So, you think you need a service call? Well, here are a few things that you can check on your own before you call us.
- Make sure the breaker for the equipment is on.
- Make sure that the batteries in the thermostat are good and that the thermostat settings are correct.
- Make sure that your filters are clean.
- Make sure that your furnace door is shut completely.
- Make sure that your outdoor unit is clean.
- Make sure that the outside unit, refrigeration lines and/or inside coil is not frozen.
If it is frozen, you will need to call a certified service technician, but turn the unit off as soon as you notice that it is frozen and turn the blower setting on the thermostat from auto to on. This will help the unit thaw, which needs to be done before the technician can work on it.